Monday, October 25, 2010

Skinny Girls Have Jiggly Too

Cindalicous calls it her persians (like the bakery treat). Black people know it as a booty-do. A lot of bloggy moms refer to it as their jiggly. Me I just know it as the extra padding. But I do have it.


My discovery of this jiggly started when my husband looked at me two weeks ago and said.

“Those jeans don’t fit like they use to.”

“Um, yeah. I did have a baby.”

I know he didn’t mean it a derogatory. Really, I think he is proud of it. Because he won’t have to explain to his family that his wife isn’t anorexic anymore; she is just really skinny. Pulse at the age of twenty-three I finally have hips and a budonka-donk. But it did make me start sneaking honest looks at my new form in the mirror.
What an unsettling experience. 

I will be honest; I thought I would get lucky and keep the same figure I entered my pregnancy with. Now, I have this pouch sitting on my front side. I should just name Darren Joey and tuck him back inside until he can walk.

Any change to a woman’s body regardless of her pervious weight, shape, etc. is life changing. And like most women I feel a huge urge to count carbs, diet excessively, and take inventory any and all pieces of food that past my lips and win my body back.

And like any sensible woman, I combine these extremes with going out to buy better fitting jeans.
I wiggle in to a part of Charlotte Russe Curvy Boot dark wash jeans and look in the mirror. The jiggly is making a definite concave, but my waist still has circulation. Then there is a knock on the fitting room door.
“Baby you in there?”

“Yeah,” I open the door to show him the wares. He looks them over. They get the butt-approval. I look doubtfully in the mirror and grab my jiggly.

He’s preening in the mirror.

“Babe, are you ok with my jiggly?”

Without looking at me he keeps smoothing his hair down. I block his view still clutching my pouch.

He looks me in the eye.

“Do you mind my jiggly?:

“No.”

“So I can’t really say anything can I? You look great.”

Have I mentioned I love this man?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your blog. I'm the one who commented on your "I Can Do This" post on Bloggy Moms. It's nice to ready witty stories that are nicely written. :) I'm following you now and look forward to reading more of your stuff. :) I have a blog too. It's called Stories and Advice for Moms. It's geared toward new moms. I just started about a month ago. Please follow me too! :)

    http://stayathomemom-newmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. we call it 'back padding' and after two kids I've pretty much given up trying to do something about the pouch in front. There is NO way on this planet these hips are ever going to be as svelt as they once were. Love my kids but MAN are they tough on the ego in every conceivable way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about husbands that are grown up men. So many these days are still carrying their superficial tendencies from their teenage years where they dreamed of marrying a playboy bunny. But there are those, who are so happy with our inner beauty, that no more how great the outer beauty is or isn't they see beyond that. they see the whole package. you're one lucky girl!
    thanks for the follow, following you back. see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmm....after 5 children and pre-menopause, I've got the pouch, jeez, I'm NOT a kangaroo ;)

    Following you from midweek mingle

    come on over to my blog at
    http://for-one-another.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I, unfortunately, am not one of those genetically blessed women who instantly snapped back to their pre-pregnancy shape with no effort required. I have some extra booty and the pouch leftover from my pregnancy but I have learned to love my resulting curves. I think it is wonderful that you have such a great husband who recognizes you as a beauty inside and out!

    ReplyDelete