Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Amazing Fall Days

Life is crazy now, but some days are slow and relaxing. Yesterday was one of those days.
In a lucky stroke of fate I have two week days off. Darren and I were able to spend the whole day together, I felt like a true stay-at-home mom. I loved every minute of it, even though Darren screamed my ears off. Not that he was upset or anything. He just likes screaming.
Me, I felt quite domesticated to be honest. I did laundry, cleaned, pretended I was a race car, fed my strapping boy those vegetables he despises, talked baby talk, probably asked my strapping boy why he was screaming one hundred times (he replied by screaming), pretended to be a soft pillow, watched Cesar Millan do his amazing animal thing, folded the four baskets of clean clothes I’ve been avoiding for a week and a half, took some amazing fall baby photos, danced in the kitchen with before mentioned little boy giggling his head off to Taylor Swift, accused my strapping boy of purposely blowing out his diaper so he didn’t have to take a nap ( it was the prunes to be truthful),cooked supper consisting of meat, vegetables, and a side plus dessert. Not bad if I do say so myself.
The whole experience brings tears to my eyes. Motherhood is the blessing I didn’t think I would be experiencing at the age of twenty-three and today made me appreciate my role more. Nothing can take back the moments that melt your heart. Like Darren stroking my cheek until he fell asleep in my arms, or discovering his sense of humor. Like him throwing all his toys from his walker then screaming for my attention and laughing when I mimic his scream.  
Then his daddy gets home and I could hardly keep it together. It was too picturesque for my emotions. I was wiping tears away as I watched my hubby playing with his little boy. Sigh give a man a baby and it makes him irresistible.
But enough of the sappy stuff, here are the best pics of today.








2 comments:

  1. Just popping in from Twitter! Yay! I'm your first follower! Your boy is SUCH a cutie!! My goodness!

    If you have a chance, check out my blog too: ttp://themeditativemom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! I hope I can keep you amused!

    And he is a dang cutie...when he wasn't eating the leaves!! :)

    ReplyDelete